Our newest recruit, Veggie Bitch, is a big name in the world of meat-free living. In her inaugural post, Veggie Bitch gives us her top tips on going veggie … can she tempt you?
“Going vegetarian had such a huge impact on my life – benefits that you rarely hear about. I mean you read all of the time that vegetarians suffer less heart disease, cancers, stokes – less food poisoning etc.
For me as a 20-something it just felt right. And, as the years go by, I realise that I can pretty much eat what I want and people comment all of the time on how shiny my hair is, how my skin looks young and even how my eyes sparkle. Super comments as I feel “you are what you eat!”
Knowing that nothing has suffered for my plate helps me feel happy, and when I went vegetarian it felt right and suddenly everything made sense. I felt as I had woken up.
This led to me feeling much more confident, and then I started my lifelong ambition to become an actress and a presenter.
So, going veggie gave me the oomph to follow my dream and this led to me thinking that we could really do with a veggie TV programme. However all of the TV stations didn’t agree!
I thought – well that’s it … everyone has said no … I can’t do it … I can’t get a TV programme off of the ground. And then I thought … “what would Tony Robbins do?”… and he would say “how can I do it?”… so I thought of the internet.
You have to remember that when I first had this idea not many people had emails, there was no Facebook and no You Tube! So I had this dream and no technology to support it.
After a lot of hard work, some setbacks and lots of long nights, I am now running and building VeggieVision TV – and there are some really exciting things in the pipeline – check us out and sign up for my ezine too whilst you’re there! We have people filming for us all over the world – Hollywood, Paris, Thailand – even Essex!
I have chatted to and filmed with some amazing people including, Brian May, Joanna Lumley, Heather Mills, Jasmine Harman, Anthea Turner, Wendy Turner Webster and more.
I love it – going veggie has really improved my life in so many ways and it is very easy too. If you feel that now is the right time for you to step up and go veggie then here are 5 simple steps that will help …
- Decide and then go for it. Some say it’s the easiest and kindest way to live and eat. First, why do you want to go vegetarian and vegan? Animals? Health? Environmental issues? What ever the answer write it down and put it somewhere you can see it.
- Check out ingredients to avoid: Gelatine, whey powder, animal rennet cheese and more. But, don’t worry! This is not too difficult to get the hang of, and remember your personal note – why you have decided to cut out animal products in the first place.
- Go through your cupboards, fridge, and freezer and decide the best way forward for any non vegetarian products that you have. Maybe you would prefer to give them to someone who needs them?
- Check out for The Vegetarian Society and Vegan Society symbol as well as supermarkets own vegetarian approved food.
- Have a browse through your local health shop and speak to the manager, check out Holland and Barrett for loads of veggie goodies too.
Let me know how you get on!
Love, Veggie Bitch x”