A few weeks ago, I shared my recipe for Stinging Nettle Soup. Using this recipe you can make a delicious Nettle Risotto, a perfect light meal for summer.
Nettle Risotto (Serves two)
- 250g arborio rice
- 1 litre of chicken stock. You may not need all of this but I like my risotto loose
- 1 diced onion
- 4 tablespoons of Stinging Nettle Soup
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 medium egg
- Lightly fry the onion in the olive oil until it is translucent. Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add the rice and stir until all of the grains have taken on the oil.
- Add a ladle of the stock and stir over a medium heat until all of the stock has been absorbed. Add another ladle of stock, then another, repeating this process until the rice is nice and creamy but still firm. Don’t forget to keep tasting and adjusting the seasoning.
- Once the rice has reached the right texture stir in the nettle soup a spoon at a time. Keep stirring for a further two minutes, and again check the seasoning. You can now serve your risotto.
- If you wish you can now poach and egg, and serve on top of the risotto. This will make it even creamier.