We don’t just do problems here at Kitchen Bitching. We love it when people send in things they’ve made that they are proud of.
This recipe, by Sarah, looks lovely. Plus it’s got vegetables and fruit in it, which totally makes it healthy. If you made a batch and ate them all you wouldn’t only not have to feel guilty, you should feel virtuous for eating so much fruit and veg. Honestly.
This recipe makes twelve “moist and moreish” muffins. They take twenty minutes to make and another twenty to cook. Just think, if you started baking as soon as you finished reading this you could be eating luscious muffins in less than an hour…
Carrot & Banana Muffins
- 250g self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 160g dark brown muscovado sugar
- 50g walnuts, chopped
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 160ml sunflower oil
- 125g carrots, grated
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- Heat the oven to 200˚C (180˚C fan oven) or gas mark 6 and line a12-hole muffin tin with muffin cases.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar, breaking up any lumps with the spoon, followed by the nuts.
- Make a well in the centre and pour in the eggs and oil. Quickly stir to combine, then add the carrot and banana and mix together.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake for 15-29 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack, and enjoy!