The lovely students at Pershore School in Worcester heard that we’d been working with Cillit Bang and Holly Bell on some very messy recipes, and they kindly volunteered to see how Cillit Bang’s new All-in-One Dish and Surface cleaner held up when faced with some seriously messy making and baking!
Here’s Holly’s recipe:
- 4oz butter
- 6oz self raising flour
- 3 oz castor sugar
- 1 level tbsp golden syrup
- 1 level tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 level tsp bicarbonate of soda
- First preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F and line a couple of baking trays with greaseproof paper
- Melt the butter and syrup in a saucepan
- Once melted add the ginger, flour, sugar and bicarbonate and give it a good mix with a wooden spoon
- Check the dough’s not too hot to handle. Here comes the fun bit…
- Form the warm PlayDoh-type mixture into balls about the size of large walnuts
- Put them onto the lined baking trays and make sure there’s plenty of space for them to grow in the oven so you don’t get one large tray of biscuit
- Put the baking trays in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes until the balls look biscuity
- If you like your biscuits with a bit of ‘chew’ (more cookie-like) take them out when only the sides are brown. If you like them crunchy then let the whole biscuit get a suntan
- Let them cool on the baking tray for a few minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
All-in-all the kids (and the teachers!) were really impressed with the cleaning power of Cillit Bang – making biscuits can be a sticky business but the staff and pupils found Cillit Bang did the job!